Wednesday 21 February 2007

To Cheer me up..

I am following one of the good rules now. A friend's sister, who I've done some favours for is a publisher - the MD of a new company that publishes literary fiction. Obviously she won't publish the kitten, but if I send her a copy she can give me an actual criticism, rather than the form letters you usually get. She could (although this is a slim hope) push it back outwards to agents who are approaching her.

I'm not listing her details because she almost certainly doesn't want to be bothered (not that anyone is reading this blog!!)

The other two copies that I have spare are also going to insiders. I know the marketing people at Harper Collins and Hodder. As they're not editorial there is almost no hope, but they can put it on the desk of someone.

I'll probably print another 3 sets at least so I'm going to have to be very choosey with who i Send them to. Much googling is obviously required. Who are recent kids authors like me, and who represents them?

No comments: