Saturday 10 February 2007

Ebay adventures

I put the stories on ebay - i wanted to be careful not to abuse the ebay system and so I couldn't;
a) sell an email of the files
b) list the stories in an incorrect category

so mostly they went into the weird collectables section of the site - where traffic is higher than the kids book section. I was wary of using the books section lest I got complained about by people selling actual books. Plus I didn't want my idea stolen. All seems a bit ridiculous now.

I got about 10 feedback really quickly - all surpisingly favorable (and even one from New York, which was a surprise) I wasn't expecting the stories to be so well liked, I was just trying to demonstrate my ebay idea in principle. Unfortunately before my interview was due, ebayhad a major reshuffle and they told me they wouldn't be hiring for 6 months. I decided to keep selling the kitten discs until I got an interview - for a more impressive case study....

No comments: