Wednesday 21 February 2007

printer setback

1) there's VAT on the £279 - adding about 50 quid.

2) on top of this I just printed 3 sets of books and all the toner warnings are on (except cyan which is 66% still - blue is my favorite colour at the moment!!!)

I'm hoping that it's just the cartidges that come with the printer, and also that the warning lights come on early. I'm going to print until there's no colour left - basically crash test the cartridges.

however, if these cartridges are the real deal, and are empty like they say it's a problem - the ink used for 3 sets is around £225 to replace.

I suppose what I've learnt is that big blocks of bold colour are great but expensive. Also, I'm guessing that I should use the process colours - i.e. if you use yellow you're only using one ink, but if you do orange you're using yellow and magenta to cover the same area.

We'll see how things pay out.

But at least I now have a total of 4 full samples of the kitten!!! I'm going to have to be very careful to get them sent back!!

No comments: