Saturday 10 February 2007

Ebay adventures end

long story short - ebay's reshuffle effectively meant that if you don't have an MBA, you don't get a job. No disrespect to people with MBAs but if I wanted to spend 3 years of my life studying again I'd do something useful!! I've spent a good quantity of my life in the world of "business" but I'm not a big fan of it. (I am a history graduate from Sheffield by the way - great town, well worth a visit. Although not born there, I spent almost all of my childhood in Solihull just south of Birmingham and went to school at King Edward's - alma mater to such literary greats as JRR Tolkein, Bill Oddie, Philip Larkin's Dad and Jonatan Coe - he wrote the Rotters Club which is pretty much an exact description of life at King Edwards, albeit 7 or 8 years before I joined)

I was sat there with a positive feedback of around 80 and no further plans - I was stuck working for the newspaper still.

No comments: