Wednesday 21 February 2007

this was the letter I sent by the way...

Dear

FLUFFY LITTLE KITTEN

I am writing to you because I have written a short series of children’ picture books. They are aimed at very young children. They feature Fluffy Little Kitten, who suffers minor mishaps, but then resolves them.

I appreciate that it’s very hard to get a children’s book published and that many people delude themselves with books that only they like. I didn’t want to fall into that trap so I put a number of “rough” copies of the book on Ebay to find out if they would be well-received by strangers. Out of 114 copies sold, I received 99 positive comments (many of these are attached to this letter.) This positive feedback led me to believe that a publisher might be interested.

There are 6 books initially with a number more in the pipeline. They’re a bit bulky in manuscript form so I thought I’d send this letter in advance to see if you’d be interested in receiving the whole package. If you want more of a flavour of the books, you should visit fluffylittlekitten.com – although bear in mind that the image quality on the website is poor compared to the books (grainy Jpegs rather than the high res PDFs I use for print)

You can contact me at the address above, or try my phone line (it’s a daytime number) or email me on f.l.kitten@gmail.com.

If you’re able to reply, I’d be very grateful if you could let me know how to progress.

Yours,







Robert Bassett





FeedBack from Ebay for Fluffy Little Kitten

(Punctuation and spelling – as per actual feedback)


Fab , what an imagination - who needs a pet when you have fluffy little kitten!
suitable for both children &adults
thank you kitten was a much enjoyed christmas present
Absolutely fantastic - Fluffy Little Kitten should be on tv.
Fluffy little kitten put a smile on all my family's face Thankyou
Really cute! Reminds me of a comic I used to read! Excellent, thanks! A+++++
Simple, silly (if u're that way inclined) fun, clean, any age. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
very funny, made me laugh out loud
I laughed, I went WOT...??? but enjoyed. bot as pressie 4 cat lovers...
i love f.l.k!so does my son who it was really for!look forward to the books!
brillian, bought for my neice, this is so good she loves it
FLK should be published,Funny,Clean,Daft,Cute,Mad. Cleverly simple for all age s
FLUFFY LITTLE KITTEN IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Absolute genius!
Hilarious...+ I'm thirty something!! A must have... Thanks so much..
Cute. Great for kids with severe & profound learning difficulties.
well worth the money, very funny
Absolute genius! Someone give this guy a publishing deal quick!
very funny, love fluffy little kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the kitten is awesome!!
Fluffy kittle kitten is good for very young children
Fluffy Little Kitten is so cute. Loved it! Great, quick service. Would recommend
Brilliant! Bought for my niece but girlfriend & I were in stitches. More please!
Fluffy Little Kitten is wonderful - My children & Grandchildren will love it
I LOVE FLK!! This is one of the funniest things I've seen - its a must buy item.excellent ebayer
it doesn't get much better than fluffy little kitten - taking this to work LOL
Kitten top of the class! A must! And great Ebayer too! Many thanks!
fab storys,loved it should become a kids book my 4yr old loved it very tallented
very funny, great storys, will buy the 2nd one!!fast postage!!
Happy Birthday Kitten was extremely funny - a must to buy - very good value
very funny kids 10,8,6 and 4 thought it was brill can't wait for next one A+++++
Hooray for Fluffy Little Kitten! Can't wait until the next installment!
made me laugh!! how about some mice as well?!?!?
great
very funny... a great e-bayer... with thanks
very funny, liked the stories, made me smile. eveyone should have their own kitt
Kitten made the journey and arrived safe and sound.very happy in Australia
loving fluffy little kitten's adventures. Great ebayer. Thanks!
Very cute CD! Well worth it, I love British humor.
AAAA+++Great little cd, quick delivery too...
Entertaining and original - Should be on TV
Beautiful Kitten and FLK's Birthday are the best!Keep up da cute work!A++++
original, certainly twisted, definately worth a loko at the right price.
deffinately... everyone should have one! So funny!
Great seller, fast delivery, highly recommended, soooooooper
Very Funny! Everyone Should Have One!
Yey! FLK is great, i like Fluffy Little kitten falls over the best. RECOMENDED
Ha ha - I liked the fancy dress kitten best! Nice item, sent quickly & safely.
very unusual and interesting, quite funny, thanks!
Brightened up my day - FLK all spotty is hilarious!! Can't wait for next 1! A+
FLK...GENIUS! Well packaged and promptly sent. Thanking You : )
I LOVE FLK !!!! Can't wait for further adventures!!! FLK RULES !!!! * * * * * *
This man speaks to the fluffy little kitten in all of us. Fantastic transaction!
Aarh very sweet - I'd be interested to see how the kitten develops!
The kitten has enriched my life. And it arrived quickly too.
fluffy little kitten is amazing!everyone must have a copy!hollywood watchout!
Im 23 and found this funny. Good luck, email me when youve done the next episode
Great item - Very very funny fluffy little kitten!!!
FLK- V. amusing, kids (age 9, 7 &4)laughed too. ( due to inherited wierd genes!)
Can't wait 'til the next series of fluffy little kitten!!
laughed out loud !!!!!!!! Twice !!! A+++++++++++++=
Fluffy little kitten is fab! I wish you every sucess with it! Whens the next one
Very funny. Buy this! it's great :)
great stuff, little kitten! should be on TV!
brill great laugh. easy to install, great gift very funny
Great cd, verry cute great ebayer
my teenage girls thought it was very funny , well done, A1++++
Very cute!
I loved it!The Fluffy Little Kitten with spots made me giggle!
Gr8 little story. I Love it!!!!!! Purrrrrrfect :0) Many thanks.
Children did enjoy fluffy little kitten. v.fast good ebayer +++++
Very funny, can't wait till the next episode(s), good luck FLK!!!
Absolutely hilarious! This is the best children's book I've ever read!
funny - 'cultish' for my 14 year old - suit little kids for sensible purposes
just gets more and more humerous. Thankyou
Yay! It's so cute, and hey, fluffy! Arrived fast, seller friendly too, thanks!
Good
Awww, gotta love the kitten :)
brilliant FLK is a joy to watch! its a ray of sunshine in a dull world!

No comments: